A collection of mixed media drawings inspired by encounters with birds, locally in Leicestershire, the UK and further afield. The portraits incorporate abstract mark making to demonstrate the vocalisations of birdsong, the habitats that they live in and their encounters with the urban environment, including pollution, climate change and other threats, which have an impact on reducing species numbers.
A selection of the above original artwork has been exhibited at:
- 2019: Summer Open exhibition, Sock Gallery, Loughborough
- 2019: Courtyard meeting room, LCB Depot, Leicester
- 2018: Open 29 exhibition, New Walk Museum, Leicester
- 2018: Affordable Art Fair, Battersea Park, London
- 2018: Roy’s People Art Fair, Oxo Tower, London