A concert commissioned by Attenborough Arts Centre to explore the songs of endangered birds, using Indian classical, traditional and folk music; combined with field recordings, printmaking and video.
To coincide with an exhibition of work entitled ‘Lucy + Jorge Orta’ by artists Lucy + Jorge Orta.
- Read more about The Red Species List here.
- Listen to a recording from the performance here.
- Watch the video here
- Buy prints from the performance in my shop
Click on the images below to enlarge
Monotype prints produced as part of the performance to visualise the songs and calls of endangered bird species.
A selection of these prints have been exhibited at:
- 2018: Animal Contemporary: ARTbound Community, The Town Hall, Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire.
- 2017: Permanent Fixture as part of Leicester Art Week at studionAme
- 2016: Midlands printmakers Open 2016 at The Henderson Gallery, Nottingham. With ‘Corn Bunting’ being awarded the Leicester Print Workshop prize (£100 voucher) and ‘Curlew’ awarded the Van Haulin’ prize (£100 voucher).