A concert commissioned by Attenborough Arts Centre to explore the songs of endangered birds, using Indian classical, traditional and folk music; combined with field recordings, printmaking and video.
To coincide with an exhibition of work entitled ‘Lucy + Jorge Orta’ by artists Lucy + Jorge Orta.
- Read more about The Red Species List here.
- Listen to a recording from the performance here.
- Watch the video here
Click on the images below to enlarge
Monotype prints produced as part of the performance to visualise the songs and calls of endangered bird species.
A selection of these prints have been exhibited at:
- 2018: Animal Contemporary: ARTbound Community, The Town Hall, Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire.
- 2017: Permanent Fixture as part of Leicester Art Week at studionAme
- 2016: Midlands printmakers Open 2016 at The Henderson Gallery, Nottingham. With ‘Corn Bunting’ being awarded the Leicester Print Workshop prize (£100 voucher) and ‘Curlew’ awarded the Van Haulin’ prize (£100 voucher).