A collaborative project to inspire new music and visualise birdsong working with musicians Rishii Chowdhury (tabla) and Roopa Panesar (sitar). To produce a 12 inch vinyl EP, with a digitally illustrated printed sleeve and lyric book, recorded at Swithland Wood in Leicestershire and inspired by 12 native birds.
- Read more about The Swithland Wood Recordings
- Listen to The Swithland Wood Recordings
- Watch the video
- Buy the vinyl in my shop
Click on the images below to enlarge
Funded by Arts Council England.
“Lucy’s project is great because it will bring together experts from different fields to influence the creation of artworks which invite the audience to look at the natural world around us in a different way.” said Peter Knott, Area Director, Arts Council England. Read the press release here.
This project has been exhibited at:
- 2018: Our eARTh exhibition at Kunsthuis Gallery, North Yorkshire
- 2017 – 2018: Walker & Bromwich: The Art Lending Library at The Gallery, De Montfort University, Leicester
- 2016: New Walk Museum’s Open 27 Exhibition
- 2015: The Spark Festival at Attenborough Arts Centre
- 2015: Indian Summer at LCB Depot and Orton Square
- 2014: Passion2Print, with Leicester Print Workshop at the LCB Depot.
Thanks to the following individuals and organisations for their generous support towards this project: Rishii Chowdhury, Bill Newsinger, Geoff Sample, Roopa Panesar, Terry Forryan and Lyndall Phelps, Leicester Print Workshop, LCB Depot, Embrace Arts, Leicester City Council, Manufacturing on the Moon and Dub Studio and Senol printing.